Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tortellini & Spinach Soup


There is nothing like a delicious warm bowl of soup on a cold day. I've made three different kinds of soups in the last two weeks and will post the recipes here, starting with this one. This recipe was a clipping from the newspaper a few months ago. I made this soup last night for dinner and it was delicious!

Tortellini & Spinach Soup
2 cups chicken broth (I added a little more)
1 (9 oz.) package refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini
1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes with bell pepper & onion or stewed tomatoes
1 package fresh baby spinach
1 TBSP dried basil or 3 TBSP freshly chopped basil
shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
dash of pepper
Bring broth to boil over medium high heat. Add tortellini; reduce heat to medium and simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Gently stir in tomatoes. Simmer about 5 minutes more or until tortellini is tender. Stir in spinach one handful at a time. Stir in basil. Cook only until spinach is wilted. Serve immediately in bowls and top with cheese and a sprinkle of pepper. Enjoy!

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

I just love tortelini! Thanks for sharing the recipe. You don't happen to have one for Tortellini pasta salad, do you? I had that at a pizza shop once and loved it.

Anyhow, Hi! I'm around visiting the blogs of people who entered my contest. Thanks for stopping by.

Debbie/Steve said...

Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe. This has been a big hit in my family and have made the soup several times.

Debbie/Steve said...

Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe. This has been a big hit in my family and have made the soup several times.