Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jason's Chicken Cordon Bleu


I just returned home from Texas where I spent two weeks with our son Jason, his wife Jessica, and their new son, Jackson. When I got there I told them that I planned to cook for them. Imagine my surprise when Jason said, "No Mom, I'm going to cook for you!" This dish is one of the delicious dishes he made while I was there . . .Jason's Chicken Cordon Bleu. I tried this recipe it after I came home but it didn't look as good as this!

Jason's Chicken Cordon Bleu

3-4 Chicken Breasts, preferably thick
Italian dressing
deli ham, sliced thin
thinly sliced cheese, provolone, swiss, or other white cheese
gourmet bread crumbs

Marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing for an hour or so. With a sharp knife, cut a hole (on the small side) and wiggle it in the middle of the chicken breast to make a "pouch." Roll up some ham and cheese and slide the roll in the hole. Seal with toothpicks if necessary. Roll prepared chicken breast in bread crumbs. Place on a rack (if you have one) in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

I asked Jason where he learned to cook like this. His reply. . . "cooking shows on TV." He tapes them and watches them when he comes home from work. I've always encouraged our kids to cook in the kitchen. . . even the boys. I must have done something right!

No comments: